Sunday, February 21, 2010

Build Your Own Sand & Water Table

Have you ever wanted a sand/water table for your kids? I remember playing in one when I was in kindergarten. They are wonderful tools for teaching children about texture and for just having fun. My {2 year old} daughter loves to stand on a chair at the kitchen sink and "wash the dishes". Honestly, hours of fun! Think about how much fun it would be to have one of these. The only problem is that they can be expensive. Well no worries, now you can have one for a more reasonable price. The trick is having a handy husband or find someone who will to make it for you. Thanks to Studio 5, here is a tutorial on how to construct your own using PVC pipe.
Hmm...I wonder what I could bribe my husband with to get him to make one. If only I had the space!
Here is an even EASIER (and cheaper) idea from Heaps of Laundry.  Use a rice bin!  Fill a large plastic tote bin with rice and bury items in the rice for the kids to find.  I promise you, my kids would be THRILLED with this!

1 comment:

Lettie B. said...

Thanks for the link! :)
I think my boys would love a sand table (I would probably skip the water) for outside. They love playing in the one at their friend's house. I should look into making one.