Thursday, December 10, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas Singing Activity

Here is another Christmas activity to play with a group...it was also done at the Christmas party I went to the other night.

Hand out the lyrics to The 12 Days of Christmas (the group will probably need them!) Explain to the group that for their birth month, they will need to stand up when they get to that particular day. For example, my birthday is in June (SIXTH month), so for the SIXTH day of Christmas, I would stand up and sing "Six geese a-laying" and then sit back down.

Let's play it out, shall we? Everyone sings "on the ___ day of Christmas, my true love gave to me" and the January birthdays finish with "a partridge in a pear tree"...while standing. On the next round, the February birthdays stand to sing "two turtle doves" then sit and January birthdays stand to sing "and a partridge in a pear tree." It continues on like this until the whole song has been sung.

No comments: