Sunday, May 15, 2011

Creative Ways to Give Money as a Gift

Since my last post, I have discovered a few other creative ideas for ways to give money found on Faith, Trust and a Little Pixie Dust.
A money lei is the perfect way to congratulate the grad in your life!  Michelle has a tutorial to show you how to make one.

She also has a tutorial for how to make a money tie and an ATM machine.  I have been to several bridal showers where an ATM machine was given as a gift.  I love the idea of both!!

One more great idea for the graduate in your life that comes from the same blog, is to make a personalized pillowcase.  Write down any advice, thoughts, quotes, memories, etc. in permanent marker so your new college student can always remember memories from home or what they should do without you there to tell them! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the tie!p

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hi Allison, Thank you for your sweet comment & for featuring me. I'll wear your button proudly. Great idea for a blog, BTW!

Warmly, Michelle

Leonor said...

I am a big fan of Michelle's. I actually made the lei this weekend. I didn't use as much money as she did, but just added more flowers.

Sunny Simple Life said...

Let me just say how much I love your blog. I am so glad I discovered it. I have been going through all your fabulous ideas.

tripleduty3 said...

I am making my 16 year old nephew the ATM for Christmas. All he wants is money but I didn't want to just put a check in a card. This is fantastic! Thank you so much for the idea!