Thursday, June 30, 2011

Patriotic Wreaths

I have seen a lot of patriotic wreath ideas floating around out there so I thought I would share my findings...  And it's not too late, you still have a few days to make one! 
Young and Crafty created this square wreath out of...can you believe...newspaper!?!  I love that the wreath is square, first of all, making it already different than most, but also how creative the concept is.  Oh and let's not forget, basically free to make as well!
This next one from Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo I thought was clever too.  The flip flop at the bottom definitely helps to give it that summer time feel!
BUT I also love this {balloon} wreath she won from Bugaboo, Mini Mr. & Me.
This garland and pinwheel wreath comes from The Jubilee Circus.
I love how Annie from Behind Our Front Door totally made up her wreath as she went along with it.  Sometimes those kind of crafts turn out the best!
This American Flag wreath is made from yarn and comes from The Creative Imperative.
I am a sucker for tulle.  I think tying a tulle bow around a gift makes it look that much better, so I might just have to make myself one of these from It's A Muegge Life.
I hope this post goes to show you that wreaths (or most crafts for that matter) can be cheap, easy, beautiful and original!  Now what are you waiting for?   Head to your local craft store (or look around the house) and get busy making your own!

No comments: