Monday, August 8, 2011

All Things PIRATE!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my classroom's current theme is pirates.  This post has several great pirate ideas in case you have chosen to use that theme as well!  Other themes to come, but if you haven't checked out The Clutter Free Classroom before, she offers get ideas, pictures and suggestions for classroom themes!!

Frogs, Bees and Under the Seas has a whole post about a pirate classroom including some of my own pictures!  Some of the great finds included in their post are these great little printable name plates.
First Grade Blue Skies is using this door:
and this bulletin board which says "Arrrgh you ready for ________ grade?"
  LOTS of awesome pirate ideas, including book suggestions from Mrs. M.  I really think the pirate glyph is great and it is included as a free printable from her blog!  Look how cute these guys are!  Looks like a great first of the year idea.
Crazy for First Grade has a treasure hunt idea (with a how to make your own authentic treasure map), pirate book suggestions and some SUPER pirate writing printables like this...
LOVE!!!

AND from another pirate post of her's...fun things like these:
Read the room for AR and OR words:
and fun looking math games like this place value one:
A few binder printables from Mrs. Jump
Also from Mrs. Jump, are these great pirate ideas found in her TpT Unit, which I might just have to get!

A FREE Word Wall download on TpT thanks to Frogs in First.

Pirate kid craft ideas from The Crafty Crow.
I Heart Crafty Things made a cute pirate paper plate project with her kids as part of story time.  Love it!
Cottage Industrialist hosted a pirate themed birthday party, but if you scroll to the end of her post, you will find lots of great pirate printables!

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees shows you how to plan a fun pirate playdate with your kids.  Including this clever pirate map pizza.

Some pirate ideas (more for a child's party), but still super cute from Katherine Marie Photography.

Oh course since The Clutter Free Classroom has done a lot on classroom themese, I can't forget to link up to all the great ideas and pictures she has included for decorating a pirate themed classroom!  Thanks Jodi.
WOW!  I think that just about covers it!  I know there are many great pirate units out there on Teachers Pay Teachers, but too many to go down the list.  If you have a fun pirate activity, I would love to hear about it!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing my door!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Crafts and Deals said...

Such a cute idea!! Love it!

Clutter-Free Classroom said...

It's such a cute theme. I did a post on it during my Theme a Day series back in June if you are interested. There's lots of pictures and ideas. It can be found on my classroom themes page.


❤Jodi from...
★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
Helping Teachers Get Organized

Sunkisses and Starz said...

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your Pirate ideas! My classroom is Pirate themed for the 2nd year in a row! I'm "borrowing" lots of your ideas for my class, who come, READY OR NOT, on Monday! Thanks, again!
-Devin

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

Devin, I stopped by to leave a comment on your blog but was unable to. Glad that you were able to find some pirate ideas for your classroom! I have really enjoyed using pirates as my theme. There are lots of fun things you can do with it!
Allison

mama K said...

Okay, so this is my talented daughter Allison (room mom 101) and after reading this section, I kinda wish I was a first grade teacher! I LOVED these pirate ideas. I'm highly impressed with your blog..don't mean to embarrass you...but what a great blog for teachers! And you know that I'm ADD enough, that I'm all over the place seeing everything on here! Wish you a great school year!!! Love ya forever, Mama K

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

Thanks mom for the sweet shout out! Love ya! :)

Denise said...

Did you make the pirate ship (on the bulleting board) yourself??? Any idea how I could recreate it? I do not possess the ability to draw...

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

Denise,

Jsut seeing this comment and question from you. I just have to say that I sadly lack in the artistic talent too so I can relate to your question. I would suggest finding a clip art of a ship you like and copying it onto a transparency. Using an overhead projector, sign the image onto a poster taped to the wall and trace the ship. Hope that made sense?!?