Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes

Last night I made these super fun rainbow cupcakes for my kids (for St. Patrick's Day). If you are interested in making some too, I found the idea at Family Fun.
1. Use a box of white cake mix and make as directed.
2. Divide the cake batter into 6 bowls, evenly and add food coloring. (For an exact on the food coloring, visit the Family Fun link above.)
3. Put the cake batter into the cupcake cups, starting with purple and begin layering the colors. Purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. This does take some time to do this to each of the cupcakes, so if you are short on time, make a rainbow cake instead of the cupcakes.
4. Bake the cupcakes as directed on the box. Here they are when they come out:
5. Finally, add some frosting or cool whip and dig in!

6 comments:

Donna Manley said...

What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

I love these! I've been making these for years...except I do it in cake form. The are so stinkin' easy, yet pretty!

Unknown said...

SUPER cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ummm sorry but that semms lik copin but whoeva thought of it is REALLY creative

Unknown said...

I love these, just made some myself! Check 'em out at http://dafoodieadventures.blogspot.com/

Great Blog!

Kim Simon said...

This blog is great source of information about saint patrick’s day which is very useful for me. It very important information about saint patrick’s day
Thank you very much for this useful information.

Best Saint Patricks Day Party Games.