Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back to School Pictures

When it comes to heading back to school, you can't leave out taking pictures of your own children.  Something about the first day of school, makes me as a mom, want to capture every detail of my child; their outfit, hair style, shoes, backpack, missing teeth and more.  Unless you have a great memory or are quick to label your pictures, you run the risk of forgetting which year was which and they could start blending together.  If you have nodded along with any part so far, then this is for you!

Make and Takes teaches you how to make your own speech bubble...FUN for so many different settings!
Don't want to make one?  Why not use Living Locurto's suggestion and go off the Pottery Barn inspiration.  (Click the link to see how her pictures turned out.) 
Buy a mini chalkboard from a craft store and write your info. on it.
The Crafting Chicks have a great check list to get you thinking of what kind of pictures you might be after and how to best achieve it.  These were some of my favorites...


Dad and son heading to the bus stop...so dang cute!
 
Friends hanging at the bus stop...with the backpack picture!


Let's face it, pictures can start to be embarrassing if your child is heading to middle/high school, but if you could snap a picture like this...it would be so cool!

Last year I had my kids write on a paper their grade so that I would be able to capture their handwriting at that particular age too.  I love being able to see all the changes from year to year and I  thought that was just one more fun element to remember.  I love taking pictures of my children as it is, but I love how fun and memorable all these ideas are!  So...what are you waiting for?  Grab your camera and go have some fun!!

4 comments:

Chris W. said...

I always take their picture next to our car so their kids can someday laugh at how silly our cars looked "back then".

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

Haha Chris! That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Great photo inspiration, thanks for sharing!

Paulo said...

Bank credits more often than not aren't appropriate for a fleeting advance circumstance while others are. That is on account of bank credits are by and large for significantly more cash than you require and have a result taking into account years rather than weeks or months. auto title loans chicago