Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Turkey Treats


How funny is this? Last year for Thanksgiving, I had the kids in the family make these yummy turkey treats. I had gotten the idea from a friend. As I was looking at Family Fun today, I came across a link with the directions on how to make these. My turkeys are a little different, but the idea is the same. The kids all had a fun time making these turkeys! The hardest part was not eating all the ingredients before the turkeys were made!!


**If you like the way my turkeys turned out, here's what I used:

*Oreo Cookies (1/turkey, unless you want them to stand upright. In that case use 1 1/2-2 cookies)
*Candy Corn (6/turkey: stick 5 between the Oreo cookies, into the white frosting of the cookie. Bite down a candy corn to make a tip for the beak)
*Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (For the body. Attach with frosting.)
*Whoppers (For the head. Attach with frosting.)
*Chocolate Frosting (Use as the "glue")

4 comments:

Kim -today's creative blog said...

yum

Anonymous said...

That is a cute idea and they look yummy!

pk @ ROOM REMIX

Hope said...

I'm so glad you posted on TCB mclinky. I've been having a great time looking through your blog. I love all the ideas I can use for my dd class. Thanks! I have a couple snack ideas and craft ideas posted on my blog. Http://getsboredeasily.blogspot.com feel free to look around :)

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

This is a great use for all our leftover Halloween candy. I can make them and GIVE THEM AWAY! Woo-hoo! My waistline might just be saved. :) Thanks for sharing! I'm becoming a follower.