Since I have been traveling, I thought I would share a few ideas that you might be able to use on a trip of your own. After all there are still a few more weeks left of summer!
Make your own dry erase tote from Stubbornly Crafty:
Make an antibored kit. Gather small items your kids would enjoy and place them in a painted and decorated Altoids tin. Idea from Instructables.
Printable Bingo cards from While He Was Napping.
Make a marble maze game as seen on Serving Pink Lemonade.
When my family takes a trip, I try to have a car bag filled with things the kids enjoy. It would be best to have a small bag for each child to help cut down on fighting. Here are a few ideas for entertaining your kids on your next family trip:
- Small toys your kids love - small plastic animals, cars, etc.
- Electronics - Ipod, portable DVD, gameboys
- Coloring books, notebooks, crayons, markers
- Magnadoodle, Etcha Sketch, etc.
- String/yarn - cat's cradle, friendship bracelets
- Snacks - remember chocolate is messy and melts!
- Magnetics with a (metal) TV dinner tray so your kids can build on their own travel table. Plus the dinner tray works well for snacks and coloring! I bought some a few years ago for my kids when we were heading on a road trip and they helped a ton! I bought mine at the check out stand at Walmart for only a few dollars each.
- Crossword puzzle, Wordsearch or Sudoku books (make sure your child doesn't get car sick!)
- Travel sized games - Target & Walmart have these in their game sections, but check the dollar store too!
- Deck of cards, dice, card games.
*Keep in mind your children's likes, ages, gender and the duration of the trip. Any other ideas you want to add to the list? Let me know what you do to keep your kids entertained!